How To Organise Your Sock Drawer
Amid our hectic lives, it’s all too easy to go from organised to chaos. But the good news is it’s just as easy to de-clutter and get back on track – even if we are only talking about your sock drawer!
Start Your Day The Organised Way
It may seem trivial, but getting your day off to a good start with a clear mind is all too important – and opening your sock drawer to an absolute mess is not how to put your best foot forward. It’s a fact of life that life itself is simply stressful, and clutter and disorganisation adds to it. So when you’re at home, it’s important that life slows down and becomes safer, more predictable and far more relaxing.
Our Sock Drawer Tips
The truth is, you’re simply not making the most of your sock life! It’s likely you’re wearing the same, tired old pairs all the time, and missing out on your favourites. Here are some tips to sock heaven, rather than sock hell.
1. Anything with holes, stains, faded colour or that has been stretched: be brutal and chuck them away.
2. If your house is like most others, remove other family member socks and reunite them with their correct drawer – as well as removing any other ‘non-sock’ items.
3. Be honest. That pair of socks that is brand new but you’ve hardly ever worn in the last few years needs to go. Donate them to another family member or an op-shop.
4. Keep being honest. Of the socks you have left, do you need so many? There are only 7 days in any one week, and you want to be able to easily close your drawer in future and find your favourites.
5. Fold your socks effectively. Check out buzzfeed for a great, truly life-changing method!
6. Consider using drawer dividers so that you can separate either all of your socks individually, or into categories – like formal, casual, bed and sports. Pinterest has a simple, brilliant DIY dividing idea!
Can you think of any other bright ideas that could turn a disastrous drawer into sock haven? We’d love to hear from you.