Refunds & Returns
Icon By Design was founded on a love of interior design.
We understand how important it is that your home looks and feels just right.
That’s why we take extensive measures to ensure that you love your order:
We professionally photograph each item displayed on our web store to ensure what you see is what you get.
We use only top-grade materials and trusted craftsmen to ensure the quality and longevity of our pieces.
We pride ourselves on our quality control team, who check each and every item before dispatch.
Our customer service team is here to help; any queries you may have will be answered quickly and accurately.
We can even send you samples upon request for most items: simply email us and tell us what you need.
- The majority of our products are hand-crafted from solid Oak or Walnut, and are sourced from sustainable American forests.
- As no two trees are alike, variation in grain, colour and finish will occur.
- These variations are acceptable throughout the cabinetmaking and carpentry industry.
- We cannot accept replacement or refund based on variation in grain, colour or finish.
- Customers interested in a perfectly consistent colour and graining should consider coloured lacquer cabinetry, or some of the synthetic materials offered by other companies, such as laminate, wood grain melamine or PVC.
- In addition to being constructed of natural materials, our products are hand finished.
- With that, minor imperfections may be present.
- These are considered normal and expected for hand finished, solid timber furniture, and as such are not grounds for refund or replacement.
Underside/Rear of Products
- Our craftsmen focus their attention on the most important parts of your furniture, which are the areas that are visible during the normal use of the item.
- The undersides of tables and chairs, and the rear panels of entertainment units, bedside tables and sideboards, etc., are not finished to the same standard as the rest of the product.
- By choosing to concentrate on the most visible areas, we are able to offer beautiful furniture at unbeatable prices.
What if I change my mind about a purchase?
- Contact us before ordering so we can address any questions or concerns you may have.
- We can provide material samples when possible, as well as any additional specifications or information.
- We also strongly recommend visiting your nearest showroom to evaluate the product in person to ensure it will suit your needs.
- If you have received delivery of your order, only unopened items can be returned for a change of mind refund, less applicable shipping costs and cancellation fees.
- Reimbursement for returned, unopened items as a change of mind will be processed within one week of our warehouse receiving the returned items.
- Please note for Afterpay refunds we are not able to refund the merchant fee Afterpay charge us (6%) as Afterpay do not refund us this.
- Change of Mind returns for unopened items must be organised within 14 days of delivery.
- Items that have been opened cannot be returned because of a change of mind.
What if I wish to cancel an order for pre-ordered items?
- Typically, we do not allow cancellations of pre-ordered items.
- In rare cases where an exception to this policy is made, cancellations will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee, based on the total sale price of the items being cancelled.
What if I received an item that is damaged, or not what I ordered?
- Contact our customer service team with photos of the item so we can fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- Icon By Design will cover any costs incurred.
- Damage, faults or other concerns regarding newly delivered items must be reported within 7 days of delivery.
- If an item is damaged in transit we will replace the item but cannot offer a full order cancellation for a refund.